NEW YORK, January 10, 2022 – Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC (“Blue Wolf”), a New York-based private equity firm, today unveiled a series of promotions and team additions, as well as a new organizational design, reflecting the firm’s significant growth over the past year.
“During 2021, we added three great platforms to our portfolio, exited three long-term investments, welcomed a number of new institutional limited partners and increased the size of our integrated team of investors and operators by 35%,” said Adam Blumenthal, Blue Wolf’s Founder and Managing Partner. “As we manage a growing investment portfolio, we’ve determined that this new structure will give us the best foundation for continued excellence. Many of our veteran team members have had increased leadership roles which have contributed to this tremendous growth, and I’m pleased to recognize their outstanding performance with titles reflecting their responsibilities and contributions.”
As part of this new organizational design, Mr. Blumenthal has been named to the additional title of Chairman. Jeremy Kogler, who has been with the firm since 2010 and who has led the development of the firm’s healthcare portfolio, which comprises about half of Blue Wolf’s overall investments, has been promoted from Partner to Managing Partner alongside Mr. Blumenthal. Aakash Patel, who joined Blue Wolf in 2013 and who has led a number of the firm’s industrial investments, has been promoted from Principal to Partner. Rick Winegar, Blue Wolf’s Lead Operating Partner since 2012, has been named Chief Operating Officer.
Additional investment team promotions include Vijay Nandwani from Vice President to Principal and Jared Isenstein, Greg Singer and Mike Trivelli, each from Senior Associate to Vice President.
Blue Wolf further strengthened its team through the addition of Kate Spaziani to the newly formed role of Director, Government Affairs and the addition of Linde Wilson as an Operating Partner with a specific focus on healthcare. Both appointments add to the diverse skillsets that differentiate Blue Wolf’s approach to portfolio management and transaction execution.
“Over more than a decade at Blue Wolf, I have seen firsthand the value of our differentiated approach – combining ESG principles with a commitment to strategic and operational excellence – through the outcomes we’ve delivered across our portfolio,” said Mr. Kogler. “I am honored to take on this expanded role and further collaborate with Adam, Aakash, Charlie and our experienced and dedicated colleagues to build on Blue Wolf’s success.”
Mr. Blumenthal added, “I want to congratulate Jeremy on his promotion to Managing Partner, which reflects his tireless efforts to achieve excellence in our firm’s team, culture and investments. I am excited to partner with him in his new role as we build on Blue Wolf’s proven track record.”
Further detail on the firm’s promotions and team additions is below:
- Jeremy Kogler has been promoted to Managing Partner. He will help guide Blue Wolf’s investment and market strategy, as well as its organizational development. He joined Blue Wolf in 2010 and has led the development of the firm’s healthcare vertical. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Blue Wolf portfolio companies CIVCO Radiotherapy, ModernMD Urgent Care, Elara Caring, Fox Rehabilitation, ClearSky Health and RHA Health Services, and recently led the firm’s successful exit from StateServ Medical. Mr. Kogler is a member of Blue Wolf’s Investment Committee.
- Aakash Patel has been promoted to Partner. He joined Blue Wolf in 2013 and previously served as a Principal, and has had a leading role in Blue Wolf’s industrial verticals. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Blue Wolf portfolio companies Colson Group, Edge Industrial Technologies, Mustang Extreme Environmental Services and Petrosmith, and recently led the firm’s successful exit from Novo Building Products. He will become an observer on the firm’s Investment Committee.
- Rick Winegar has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer. He joined Blue Wolf in 2012 and previously served as Lead Operating Partner. He will continue to manage and expand the firm’s internal structure and operations, as well as lead portfolio company initiatives focused on health and safety, cybersecurity and procurement, and coordinate its operating partner program. He will become an observer on the firm’s Investment Committee.
- Vijay Nandwani has been promoted to Principal. He joined Blue Wolf in 2013 and most recently served as a Vice President. Currently, he serves on the Board of Directors of Blue Wolf portfolio company ClearSky Health.
- Jared Isenstein, Greg Singer and Mike Trivelli have been promoted to Vice President. Mr. Isenstein joined Blue Wolf in 2017 as an Associate, having worked previously at Deutsche Bank as an Associate. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Blue Wolf portfolio company RHA Health Services. Mr. Singer joined Blue Wolf in 2020 as a Senior Associate, having worked previously at Nautic Partners as an Associate. Mr. Trivelli joined Blue Wolf in 2019 as a Senior Associate, having worked previously at Atairos as an Associate.
- Kate Spaziani has been appointed to the newly formed role of Director of Government Affairs and will become a member of the investment team. Prior to joining Blue Wolf, she spent more than seven years at the NewYork-Presbyterian hospital system, serving as Vice President of Communications, External Affairs and Federal Relations. She holds a JD from Georgetown Law School, and worked in both the US House and Senate as a senior staff member.
- Linde Finsrud Wilson has been appointed as a new healthcare Operating Partner. She brings over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry, and has been CEO, COO, Chief Strategy Officer and Managing Partner for a major consulting firm serving as a well-respected strategist and business advisor to numerous organizations and private equity firms. She previously worked as a Lead and Senior Managing Director, Healthcare Deals Strategy at PwC, where she worked extensively with the Blue Wolf team. Ms. Wilson holds a M.B.A. from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado and a B.A. from the University of North Carolina and Cornell University.
About Blue Wolf Capital Partners
Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC is a private equity firm that specializes in control investments in middle market companies. Leading by experience, and with a commitment to excellence, Blue Wolf transforms companies strategically, operationally and collaboratively. Blue Wolf manages challenging situations and complex relationships between business, customers, employees, unions, and regulators to build value for stakeholders. For additional information, please visit www.bluewolfcapital.com.
Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
Steve Frankel / Ed Trissel / Arielle Rothstein